Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Time + Energy = Progress


Astronaut Cyclist

In the dark winter months of early 2011, a friend asked me to help them learn to screen print. A type of printmaking I had no experience with. Since then, I've become more involved with the process. Experimenting to create imagery on paper, clothing, and just about anything else. With the same kind of tools I'm already so familiar with.

This has been phenomenal! All of my work, still created by hand, can be taken so much further. Silk screening has provided new techniques that have fueled my style and provided new opportunities for my art to get around.

My friend, an awesome bicycle mechanic and idea man, wanted shirts to promote his fun and positive neighborhood bike shop, Legit Bicycles. This astronaut escaping a shuttle crash, towing a satellite through space is the third image I've created for that project.

These shirts are $25 each and I am working on a price list for all of my available work. For inquiries please contact me at klosterkreations@gmail.com.